Saturday, March 17, 2018
DID YOU HEAR….ST. PATRICK’S DAY HAS GONE TO THE DOGS! St. PAW-trick’s Day ’18
Join in the St. PAW-trick’s Day Festival to Celebrate Rescue Dogs and their humans!
ALL DOGS AND THEIR HUMANS WELCOME.
For more info: RescueDogOlympics@gmail.com www.RescueDogOlympics.com 770.312.9722
For FREE tickets: https://rescuedogolympics2018.eventbrite.com/
- Rescue Dog Olympics is scheduled for Saturday, March 17, 2018 at Brook Run Park in Dunwoody—a FREE, interactive, fun festival and field day of silly and competitive games for dogs and their humans to participate in and compete with others. It will be an event filled with festivities, interactive dog game stations, Pet rescues, dog related vendors, and dog training sessions, Greater Atlanta Dog & Disc Club Frisbee catch and fetch and demos, food, a GREEN beer garden and…
NEW: Dock Diving Dog competitions, try-its and demos presented by North America Diving Dogs!
NEW: Rescue Dog Fashion Show!
NEW: St. PAW-trick’s Day dog costume contest!
- Rescue Dog Olympics is all about spreading the awareness of pet adoption! According to Pawedin “It’s staggering to think that in the Atlanta area alone,around 100,000 companion pets are euthanized each year due to the lack of homes!” This is a terrible epidemic that we can together stop by creating awareness and encouraging people to adopt pets who are loving and deserve a second chance at life.
- There will be over 20 Atlanta area pet rescues/organizations at Rescue Dog Olympics—so plan to meet your next best friend and start the adoption process at the festival!
- Rescue Dog Olympics partners with many pet related companies who will be at the festival to offer you helpful ways spoil your dog with info on training, pet accessories, treats, boarding…!
- Hollywood Feed, joins Rescue Dog Olympics in encouraging people to spend quality time with their dogs by practicing these games together leading up to the festival and then spend the day together competing and enjoying! Stay tuned for the pre-event Hollywood Feed training workshops.
The Olympic Game station games and descriptions will be listed on PetsRfit2 app, which will load your scores and allow you to keep track of the leader board. See: The Rescue Dog Olympic site: www.RescueDogOlympics.com for link to join the fitness fun! Last year’s games include: Red Light-Green Light, Scooby Says, Dressed for the Party, Where’s the Beef?, Catch!, Dunkin Doggies, The Kissing Booth and more. There is also a chance to get information on our TOP SECRET game station by pre-registering https://rescuedogolympics2018.eventbrite.com/ —you will have an edge on those that don’t have the practice info ahead of the event! The Rescue Dog Olympics’ games are fun, any dog and their human can participate and succeed and win prizes along with the Gold, Silver and Bronze overall recognition!
Halloween is a fun day for humans, but it can present some safety issues for your pet. Thinking ahead can help ensure that you and your pet have a great holiday.
Take a cue from your pet. Not every pet enjoys or tolerates clothing or costumes. If your pet appears alarmed by the costume, it may be a good idea to skip it. If you still want involve your pet in holiday fun, try a festive Halloween bandana or a pawdicure for your dog by a pet professional using Halloween colors.
Do not leave your pet unattended in a costume. He may tear it up and ingest the materials causing bowel obstruction or poisoning in the case of metal fasteners made of zinc or lead.
Constant doorbell ringing, loud noises and people in costume may frighten your pet and cause stress related bowel issues. Keep your pet in a safe, quiet place during this time. Also, never leave pets outdoors unattended during Halloween season. Cases of animal cruelty—especially related to black cats goes up during this time according to Humane Societies.
Keep candy and wrappers away from Fido. Candy wrappers, sticks from lollipops and other plastics components found in some candies can cause obstruction or puncture the intestines. Excessive candy and dark chocolate can cause poisoning or pancreatitis. Gum or other candy containing the artificial sweetener xylitol can quickly cause liver failure in dogs. Raisinsand grapes are very poisonous and can cause kidney failure in dogs and potentially cats.
Wagging tails around Jack O’Lantern flames and candles can be dangerous. Keep your pet away from open flames.
By following these few, simple tips—you and your pet are sure to have a fun and festive time.
fido fido is offering a Halloween Special October 31-Nov 3. Purchase one Explorer’s Nature Walk and get one Free walk during your dog’s boarding stay.
In conjunction with the opening of the new Life Time Athletic Atlanta Destination in Sandy Springs, fido fido becomes a Member Advantage Partner. This means that Life Time Athletic Atlanta Destination members will now receive 15% off of boarding and daycare at fido fido. Members must present their Life Time Athletic Atlanta Destination membership card and photo ID at the time of check out. The discount only applies to dogs living in the same household as the card holder. For more information, visit http://clubs.lifetimefitness.com/Atlanta/62774/ and click on member benefits.